Tuesday 7 September 2021

Lets Learn Tongan

 Did you know that this week is Tongan language week? Tonga celebrates the culture and language of the 82,389 people of Tongan heritage who live in New Zealand.

Today we had our online class we had 2 things to do this blog post is about the 1st one and it is Let's Learn Tongan we had our Learn create share to so my learn bit was to learn some words and phrases in Tongan then I was up to my create bit which was to create Google slides and make a book of how to speak Tongan. We used Mote to record yourself so you can also learn Tongan and I was up to SHARE and it was to create a quality blog post and share it. If you are playing my mote maybe we can't hear it because sometimes my Mote does not work.  The first Mote is my teacher saying Hello in english and in Tongan. I found it tricky to learn some Tongan words. I found it easy to use Mote. My digital learning objects shows that I can Embed my slides. Next time I word write some sentences. 

Do you know any words or phrase in Tongan? Did you know that this week to Tongan language week? Are you Tongon? Tell in the comments!!


Here's my slides

2 comments:

  1. Mālō e lelei Aimie,
    This is a great series of slides for Tongan Language Week. Your pronunciation is fantastic. Well done for using Mote. I like how you have put phrases in as well.
    We heard Kali speak in Tongan this morning. I think it would be great to speak lots of languages. I am not Tongan. I am Scottish.
    Keep up the great mahi!
    Mā te wā,
    Mrs Naden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mālō e lelei Mrs Naden
      Thank you for commenting on my blog
      Oh Yes I forgot that you were scottish.
      I didn't hear kail speak tongan
      Kind regards
      Aimie

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.